Thursday, March 21, 2013

An unplanned week off...

So last week, I knew that I was going to miss Thursday as I was attending a funeral for a friend that lost her baby at 36 weeks.  I fully intended to run that night.

So Tuesday morning, I woke up with a horrid migraine.










I was in full-on vampire mode that day.  My hope was that I would be able to just rest for half the day and come into work and then go run that afternoon.  I should have known better.  While my headache did go away that evening, when I woke from the migraine recovery, my allergies had kicked in full force.  Just fabulous!!  I sat in the living room and tried to watch TV with itchy, watery eyes and sneezed like crazy.

I came into work Wednesday even though I didn't feel any better and ended up having to get a steriod shot. 
I still really didn't recover from the allergies until Friday.  By then, I ended up NOT running because I was scheduled to run the "Shamrock the 'Ville."  I'm not going to lie, I ended up walking most of it because I was still having trouble breathing.  I also didn't get a DTag, but I know I finished right around 52 minutes which considering that I hadn't trained all week and I felt like crap, I'm pretty happy with that.


My daughter and I before the race

No comments:

Post a Comment